Welcome to COLORBOND® steel, Australia's favourite steel building material for more than four decades.
With a wide range of colours and finishes, COLORBOND® steel is the ideal solution for roofing and walling systems that demand design flexibility.
The COLORBOND® steel colour palette is designed to allow you to confidently express yourself with
- 22 standard colours - 22 classic and contemporary colours to choose from.
- Discover the subtle art of standing out – COLORBOND® steel Matt features new paint technology that is designed to diffuse light for an elegantly soft, textured look. Choose from five colours of the COLORBOND® steel’s neutral colours; Surfmist®, Shale Grey™, Dune®, Basalt® and Monument®.
- Designed to help reduce cooling costs – Cooler, more energy efficient buildings make financial sense as well as environmental sense. Using COLORBOND® Coolmax® steel could help reduce the annual cooling energy costs of your building2
- Brilliance to highlight smart design - Featuring long lasting lustre from BlueScope's innovative paint technology COLORBOND® Metallic steel demands attention. Due to the strategically placed particles in the paint system a simple play of light is all that is needed to bring out the aesthetically distinctive 'metallic' effect.
- Tougher when it needs to be - For those near the water COLORBOND® Ultra steel and COLORBOND® Stainless steel are available to provide effective corrosion protection, while the standard COLORBOND® steel range of 22 colours will suit most building designs and most locations in Australia.
Underpinning the COLORBOND® steel range is BlueScope’s new Activate® technology, making COLORBOND® steel more resistant to corrosion when drilled, cut or scratched, thereby prolonging its lifespan.
Australians have a love of coastal living, that’s why we have developed a COLORBOND® steel range to suit a wide range of environments. COLORBOND® steel is developed for, and therefore more resilient to, the intense sunlight and temperatures typical of Australian environments. BlueScope scientists have tested COLORBOND® steel in some of Australia’s harshest climates. So regardless of where you are building or designing, there is likely to be a COLORBOND® steel solution that works for you.
Rest assured that COLORBOND® steel is guaranteed to meet relevant Australian standards. Make sure you look for the brand as not all painted steel is genuine COLORBOND® steel.
The most rigorous testing program in COLORBOND® steel’s history has shown new COLORBOND® steel’s improved paint colour durability and gloss retention when compared with its predecessor.
The tool assists design professional in creating an accurate specification that contains the correct material properties. The specification can easily be copied and pasted into your specification template or one of the BlueScope steel branded worksections provided by Natspec.
Our steel products can be purchased from the rollformers, that often sell to builders, installers and specialist distributors.
Please note this locator only contains suppliers in AUSTRALIA.